Mungkin sudah pada tahu mengenai situs yang sedang ‘hot’ dibicarakan: www.wikileaks.st
Berdasarkan situs resminya, wikileaks merupakan organisasi media non profit yang bertujuan untuk menghadirkan berita dan informasi penting kepada publik. Wikileaks meng-klaim bahwa organisasi ini memiliki cara yang inovatif, aman, dan cara tak terduga untuk membocorkan informasi kepada wartawannya. Wikileaks mempublikasikan sumber bahan berita asli. Wikileaks merupakan organisasi yang bermarkas di Swedia dimana situs wikileaks itu sendiri dipublikasikan pertama kali pada tahun 2006.
Wikileaks juga meng-klaim bahwa organisasi/situs yang ada telah dirancang untuk bertahan terhadap serangan hukum dan politik yang dapat membuat situs atau organisasi ini ditutup.
Berikut ini merupakan beberapa berita yang dipublikasikan wikileaks:
War, killings, torture and detention
- Changes in Guantanamo Bay SOP manual (2003-2004) – Guantanamo Bay’s main operations manuals
- Of Orwell, Wikipedia and Guantanamo Bay – In where we track down and expose Guantanamo Bay’s propaganda team
- Fallujah jail challenges US – Classified U.S. report into appalling prison conditions in Fallujah
- U.S lost Fallujah’s info war – Classified U.S. intelligence report on the battle of Fallujah, Iraq
- US Military Equipment in Iraq (2007) – Entire unit by unit equipment list of the U.S army in Iraq
- Dili investigator called to Canberra as evidence of execution mounts – the Feb 2008 killing of East Timor rebel leader Reinado
- Como entrenar a escuadrones de la muerte y aplastar revoluciones de El Salvador a Iraq – The U.S. Special Forces manual on how to prop up unpopular government with paramilitaries
Government, trade and corporate transparency
- Change you can download: a billion in secret Congressional reports – Publication of more than 6500 Congressional Research Reports, worth more than a billion dollars of US tax-funded research, long sought after by NGOs, academics and researchers
- ACTA trade agreement negotiation lacks transparency – The secret ACTA trade agreement draft, followed by dozens of other publications, presenting the initial leak for the whole ACTA debate happening today
- Toll Collect Vertraege, 2002 – Publication of around 10.000 pages of a secret contract between the German federal government and the Toll Collect consortium, a private operator group for heavy vehicle tolling system
- Leaked documents suggest European CAP reform just a whitewash – European farm reform exposed
- Stasi still in charge of Stasi files – Suppressed 2007 investigation into infiltration of former Stasi into the Stasi files commission
- IGES Schlussbericht Private Krankenversicherung, 25 Jan 2010 – Hidden report on the economics of the German private health insurance system and its rentability
Suppression of free speech and a free press
- The Independent: Toxic Shame: Thousands injured in African city, 17 Sep 2009 – Publication of an article originally published in UK newspaper The Independent, but censored from the Independent’s website. WikiLeaks has saved dozens of articles, radio and tv recordings from disappearing after having been censored from BBC, Guardian, and other major news organisations archives.
- Secret gag on UK Times preventing publication of Minton report into toxic waste dumping, 16 Sep 2009 – Publication of variations of a so-called super-injunction, one of many gag-orders published by WikiLeaks to expose successful attempts to suppress the free press via repressive legal attacks
- Media suppression order over Turks and Caicos Islands Commission of Inquiry corruption report, 20 Jul 2009 – Exposure of a press gagging order from the Turks and Caicos Islands, related to WikiLeaks exposure of the Commission of Inquiry corruption report
- Bermuda’s Premier Brown and the BCC bankdraft – Brown went to the Privy council London to censor the press in Bermuda
- How German intelligence infiltrated Focus magazine – Illegal spying on German journalists
Diplomacy, spying and (counter-)intelligence
- U.S. Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks, 18 Mar 2008 – Classified (SECRET/NOFORN) 32 page U.S. counterintelligence investigation into WikiLeaks. Has been in the worldwide news.
- CIA report into shoring up Afghan war support in Western Europe, 11 Mar 2010 – This classified CIA analysis from March, outlines possible PR-strategies to shore up public support in Germany and France for a continued war in Afghanistan. Received international news coverage in print, radio and TV.
- U.S. Embassy profiles on Icelandic PM, Foreign Minister, Ambassador – Publication of personal profiles for briefing documents for U.S. officials visiting Iceland. While lowly classified are interesting for subtle tone and internal facts.
- Cross-border clashes from Iraq O.K. – Classified documents reveal destabalizing U.S. military rules
- Tehran Warns US Forces against Chasing Suspects into Iran – Iran warns the United States over classified document on WikiLeaks
- Inside Somalia and the Union of Islamic Courts – Vital strategy documents in the Somali war and a play for Chinese support
Ecology, climate, nature and sciences
- Draft Copenhagen climate change agreement, 8 Dec 2009 – Confidential draft “circle of commitment” (rich-country) Copenhagen climate change agreement
- Draft Copenhagen Accord Dec 18, 2009 – Three page draft Copehagen “accord”, from around Friday 7pm, Dec 18, 2009; includes pen-markings
- Climatic Research Unit emails, data, models, 1996-2009 – Over 60MB of emails, documents, code and models from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, written between 1996 and 2009 that lead to a worldwide debate
- The Monju nuclear reactor leak – Three suppressed videos from Japan’s fast breeder reactor Monju revealing the true extent of the 1995 sodium coolant disaster
Corruption, finance, taxes, trading
- The looting of Kenya under President Moi – $3,000,000,000 presidential corruption exposed; swung the Dec 2007 Kenyan election, long document, be patient
- Gusmao’s $15m rice deal alarms UN – Rice deal corruption in East Timor
- How election violence was financed – the embargoed Kenyan Human Rights Commission report into the Jan 2008 killings of over 1,300 Kenyans
- Financial collapse: Confidential exposure analysis of 205 companies each owing above EUR45M to Icelandic bank Kaupthing, 26 Sep 2008 – Publication of a confidential report that has lead to hundreds of newspaper articles worldwide
- Barclays Bank gags Guardian over leaked memos detailing offshore tax scam, 16 Mar 2009 – Publication of censored documents revealing a number of elaborate international tax avoidance schemes by the SCM (Structured Capital Markets) division of Barclays
- Bank Julius Baer: Grand Larceny via Grand Cayman – How the largest private Swiss bank avoids paying tax to the Swiss government
- Der Fall Moonstone Trust – Cayman Islands Swiss bank trust exposed
- Over 40 billion euro in 28167 claims made against the Kaupthing Bank, 23 Jan 2010 – List of Kaupthing claimants after Icelandic banking crash
- Northern Rock vs. WikiLeaks – Northern Rock Bank UK failed legal injunctions over the ¡Ì24,000,000,000 collapse
- Whistleblower exposes insider trading program at JP Morgan – Legal insider trading in three easy steps, brought to you by JP Morgan and the SEC
Censorship technology and internet filtering
- Eutelsat suppresses independent Chinese-language TV station NTDTV to satisfy Beijing – French sat provider Eutelsat covertly removed an anti-communist TV channel to satisfy Beijing
- Internet Censorship in Thailand – The secret internet censorship lists of Thailand’s military junta
Cults and other religious organizations
- Church of Scientology’s ‘Operating Thetan’ documents leaked online – Scientology’s secret, and highly litigated bibles
- Censored Legion de Cristo and Regnum Cristi document collection – Censored internal documents from the Catholic sect Legion de Cristo (Legion of Christ)
- US Department of Labor investigation into Landmark Education, 2006 – 2006 investigative report by the U.S. Department of Labor on Landmark Education
Abuse, violence, violation
- Report on Shriners raises question of wrongdoing – corruption exposed at 22 U.S. and Canadian children’s hospitals.
- Claims of molestation resurface for US judo official
- Texas Catholic hospitals did not follow Catholic ethics, report claims – Catholic hospitals violated catholic ethics
Sudah banyak dokumen yang dipunlikasikan oleh Wikileaks. Secara keseluruhan, tepatnya ada 97.080 dokumen tergolong sangat rahasia yang tersebar luas oleh WikiLeaks. Jumlah tadi bertambah lagi dengan 75.792 dokumen biasa, 58.095 dokumen hanya untuk internal, 11.322 dokumen rahasia, 4.678 dokumen sangat rahasia yang tak boleh diakses non-AS (Noforn), dan 4.330 dokumen rahasia lainnya.
Merujuk rincian jenis, 145.222 dari data tadi berkaitan dengan hubungan politik eksternal, 122.954 soal internal pemerintah, 49.016 tentang ekonomi, 28.760 mengenai teroris dan terorisme, 23.857 tentang perdagangan luar negeri, dan 23.054 dokumen tentang intelijen